About IHMS Project
One of the most important issues faced by our underprivileged communities are lack of basic necessities and health benefits. Eye check-up, one of the most serious case areas of human health, is normally neglected by common people. But for the underprivileged communities, due to unavailability of proper hospitals or check up camps in their areas, they are unable to take proper care of themselves which on later stage lead to complete blindness.
To fight this cause and serve the people facing eye issues, Sri Sai Lion Netralaya started an initiative The Right to Sight in collaboration with WHO and IAPB (International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness).In order to help the cause, Indev Consultancy (Indev) has developed a comprehensive software solution called as Integrated Hospital Management System (IHMS) – Netralaya. This application is being used by Sri Sai Lions Netralaya and implemented in Patna district of Bihar.
The objective of this project is to provide free of cost outdoor and indoor facilities on Eye check-up, IOl, Glaucoma and other surgeries in various eye check-up camp throughout the year.
- To provide outdoor and indoor facilities (Eye checkup, IOL, Glaucoma, and other specialized surgeries) for poor and needy patients free of cost throughout the year.
- Enhance comprehensive Eye care delivery programmed, in cataract surgery in particular, in the underserved areas in Bihar and Jharkhand.
- Develop vision centers to provide primary Eye care service at the doorstep of the suffering humanity with the latest technological advances in Ophthalmology.
- Capture household survey to identify potential patient whose error in vision using mobile application and capture location.
- Data accuracy & digitization of patient registration.
- Easy to track registration, booking, transportation & surgery during outreach activity in rural as well as urban area.
- Control over vision centers through mobile application which are spread in 12 districts.
- Capture attendance the field worker thrice in a day (Morning, Afternoon & Evening).
- Evaluate through application (Targeted V/s achieved by individual field workers).