http://www.stoptrafficking.in is a web portal to combat human trafficking in India. The web portal is primarily a network of stakeholders – government organizations, non-government organizations, academia, civil society, victims and the media. The ultimate goal of this portal is delivering seamless services to the victims of human trafficking in India.
The initiative is based on the principle that human trafficking is the worst form of slavery and a network of all available services is required to combat it. The network can be best strengthened by using the information and communication technology.
The web portal introduces some unique methods and features. Following are the services being offered by the web portal:
- Data bank (phone numbers & email addresses) of individuals and organizations working to combat trafficking of women and children in India
- State-wise details of Child Welfare Committee (CWCs), Juvenile Justice Boards (JJBs)
- Updated information about services being provided by the Government, Non-Governmental Organizations and Civil Societies
- Connecting individuals and organization from source, destination and transit through usage of IT such as SMS alerts, Email alerts etc. Knowledge sharing through documents, e-materials, films, documentaries, research papers, media reports on social issues
- Mass Awareness Generation & Information Sharing (MAGIS) through sending alerts in the form of Short Message Services (SMSs) & Emails
- Schemes & provisions of central & state governments and non-government organizations